BRV is actively making necessary plans and building improvements to regather for in-person services both indoors and outdoors in the coming months. We continue to follow the guidance of the PA Dept of Health and the CDC as we make these decisions. Because of this, we do not yet know some of the specific details regarding dates and capacity for indoor gatherings, but we are getting there! Here’s what we do know right now:
- We will begin with in-person outdoor gatherings in April. Outdoor worship services are the best way for the greatest number of people to gather together in-person safely. We are excited to have the first of these services on Easter Sunday at noon in Glen Providence park. Bring a chair or blanket, wear a mask, and come worship with us! Then, beginning Sunday, April 25, we will once again have weekly services in the parking lot at The Christian Academy in Brookhaven. These services will be at 9AM.
- We anticipate the number of people able to safely attend in-person services in our building to steadily grow with ongoing vaccination efforts increasing and rates of Covid-19 transmission in our community decreasing. We anticipate the state guidelines that restrict indoor gatherings will relax in the coming months, and as they do, we will begin holding indoor worship services at a limited capacity.
- In the meantime, we are actively working to prepare our BRV church building to accommodate new safety practices as well as to allow us to continue to provide a high-quality livestream service for those in our church family who are not yet able to join us in-person.
As we move towards our outside service at TCA on 4/25, we are thinking about this service as an opportunity to build the church together. At BRV we value engaging in shared life and shared mission. Working together to prepare a meaningful worship services is one way to do that.
If you are interested in joining us, we have three areas that need intentional investment right now:
- 1. The set up/clean up crew for the service at TCA.
- 2. The hospitality and greeting teams for the service at TCA.
- 3. The facilities teams (gardeners, painters, carpenters and cleaners) back at BRV as we prepare the building for meeting there again.
This is a sweet opportunity for us to come together and generously give our gifts in rebuilding our church. If you feel called to help, have gifts in these areas, or just want to be a part of the fun, click here to fill in our “Springing into Action” form. This is going to be great!